Monday, February 28, 2011

2.28 Diction Exercise

1) Diverged, bent, undergrowth, passing, equally, trodden, another, doubted, sigh, hence

2) Elevation-medium high because it doesn't use to tough of words but some are not used as often as others
Connotation- poetic, beautiful,alive, adventurous
Sound- melodic, soft
Concreteness- concrete, choice, troubled, clear, wide-eyed

3) Robert Frost's poetic, and melodic use of language in the poem The Road Not Taken revels that it is okay to go against the crowd and chose your own destiny by taking the path less traveled by.

1 comment:

  1. I think that telling why you picked medium high for you elevation was a great idea and definitely helped me, the reader understand it more. I also enjoy your claim to your poem because(i know this may sound stupid) but, I get it! Most peoples claims I would have to look up most of the words, but yours seems to have a twist at the end that does not make it boring, but not too scientific. Not saying that I don't think smart words are good though.

    ReplyDelete