Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Emma pages 32-58

I am reading Emma by Jane Austen. I am reading this classic because many colleges recommend that students should have read this book when entering college. In the pages I just read Emma is painting a picture of her new friend Harriet. While doing so Mr. Elton is helping by reading stories. Emma is trying to get Harriet and Mr. Elton to marry each other. After the picture is done Mr. Elton goes to London to buy a frame. Meanwhile Harriet gets a letter from Mr. Martian a local farmer, and the letter contains a marriage proposal but Emma convinces Harriet to refuse the marriage proposal. Then when Harriet leaves Mr. Knightly shows up and he and Emma talk about Mr. Martians marriage proposal. That is where I finished reading.
                When I first decided to read this book I thought it was going to be really hard to read and very boring, but it is not I understand the book and it has a very good story line right now. Emma is trying to play matchmaker while thinking that she herself is immune to love. This is a classic book and I recommend to everybody that it is a good book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment